Measurement is essential to focusing improvement efforts in health care. Understanding the current measurement landscape and the gaps that exist can help you better develop a successful quality strategy.
- Measure and payment model scans
- Measure and payment gap analysis
- Measure set development
- Performance dashboards
- Identification of and interviews with key stakeholders
- Quantitative analysis of quality data and real-world evidence
- Measure feasibility and usability testing
Discern is experienced in the creation and analysis of shared savings models, which offer incentives for providers to lower health care costs to patient populations.
- Return-on-investment calculators
- Savings methodology and payment calculation
- Payment models tied to measures
- Shared savings structure
- Analysis of payment model cost benefits and savings
- Payer and health plan strategy
- Policy evaluation and public comment
Discern works with clients to supply the technical know-how to help new health care delivery models succeed. We work directly with medical practices, health care systems, and other organizations that work to promote the use of new, innovative models.
- Partnerships between health care entities and innovative new care models
- CMS’ Merit-based Incentive Program (MIPS) Improvement Activity development and submission
- Strategic planning for upcoming MIPS Value Pathway (MVP) program
- Key opinion leader and expert panel convenings
- Quality improvement project implementation
- Organizational quality training for life sciences and other stakeholders