For more than a decade, top-performing health plans have committed to improving population health and lowering costs through innovative value-based payment models. To be effective, such models must have clearly defined measures, align with other public and private efforts, and be practical to implement. These value-based models also need to keep pace with changes in measurement, data collection, and payment strategies in the rapidly evolving, competitive marketplace.
Discern Health specializes in partnering with health plans to design, implement, and evaluate programs that reduce costs and improve outcomes for their customers and members. We help health plans gain competitive advantages through data-driven approaches that put the right incentives in place for members and providers, as well as for drug and device manufacturers.
Our solutions for health plans include:
- Creating population health management strategies and value-based benefit structures
- Designing provider quality and incentive programs
- Evaluating and supporting improvement with quality and accountability programs such as the Health Care Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS), Medicare Part C & D Star Ratings, the Quality Rating System (QRS), and the Plan Performance Assessment (PPA)
- Assessing new technologies and vendor capabilities related to electronic data for measurement
- Developing risk-based contracting strategies for drugs, devices, and health plan vendors
- Facilitating partnerships and coordination with external stakeholders through contracting models that reward better patient outcomes and value
- Developing training resources, including virtual learning programs, on topics such as value-based purchasing
To learn more about Discern’s solutions for health plans, download our capabilities statement here.