In early December, CMS released the 2021 Measures Under Consideration (MUC) list. The MUC List identifies the quality and efficiency measures under consideration by CMS for use in certain Medicare quality programs. As such, the list previews priority areas for CMS’s value-based care programs in the future, many of which are relevant to Real Chemistry’s clients and their products.
The National Quality Forum convenes a group called the Measure Applications Partnership (MAP) to review MUC list measures. After receiving the annual MUC List, the MAP workgroups convene to provide input to HHS on measures under consideration for use in Medicare. Depending on the MAP’s recommendations, CMS might propose the measure for adoption, or request further refinement and testing.
The following medication-related measures are included on the MUC list for this year:
- Concurrent Use of Opioids and Benzodiazepines
- Polypharmacy: Use of Multiple Anticholinergic Medications in Older Adults
- Polypharmacy: Use of Multiple Central Nervous System (CNS)-Active Medications in Older Adults
- Kidney Health Evaluation
- Appropriate Treatment for Patients with Stage I (T1c) through III HER2 Positive Breast Cancer
- Influenza Vaccination Coverage among Healthcare Personnel
- Psoriasis – Improvement in Patient-Reported Itch Severity
- Adult Kidney Disease: Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) Inhibitor or Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARB) Therapy
- Dermatitis – Improvement in Patient-Reported Itch Severity
For more information about how Discern and Real Chemistry can help clients navigate these new measures, please contact Guy D’Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org.