A quality landscape analysis is a tool that helps lay the foundation of an informed, comprehensive quality strategy. Through various landscape analyses, organizations can learn about internal and external factors affecting their markets and the health care environment, discover gaps and areas for improvement, and receive recommendations that support their decision-making processes.
Discern Health helps health care organizations reach their quality goals by providing the following quality landscape analysis services and expertise:
- Literature/Evidence Reviews
- Stakeholder/Quality Organization Mapping
- Clinical Practice Guidelines/Pathways
- Gaps in Care; Opportunities for Improvement
- Existing Measures and Their Uses
- Existing Quality Tactics Beyond Measures and Their Uses
- Alternative Payment Models and Accountability Programs
- Regulatory Environment: Policies and Programs
- Key Informant Interviews/Expert Consensus
For example, Discern recently worked with the National Pharmaceutical Council to conduct a landscape review, interview experts, and convene a multi-stakeholder roundtable to explore gaps in available oncology patient-reported measures and patient-reported performance measures (PR-PMs). As a result, the team developed a report offering recommendations for filling gaps in measures and removing barriers to the implementation of PR-PMs, focusing on accountability programs. Read the recommendations at discernhealth.com/npc-oncology-prm.